International Students

View this page in: Français

International students studying at a Canadian university

Full time positions

International students who have completed a program of at least eight months at an eligible Canadian educational institution must apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.

This work permit allows international students who have completed their studies to work for us for up to 3 years, depending on the duration of your course of study. In addition, the immigration regulations allow for students who have completed the program of study to work while they are waiting for a decision on the work permit application, as long as they were a full-time student and did not exceed the allowable hours of work.

At the offer stage, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you will be eligible to work in Canada for a minimum of 2 years following graduation. Our offers will be contingent on this status. We ask for a minimum of 2 full years in eligibility as the investment we make in our people is significant. A 2-year time period also provides sufficient time for us to support you to obtain your Permanent Resident status, where possible, under the appropriate application stream.

Internship & co-op positions

International students studying at a Canadian institution hold a study permit. Generally, this permit allows a student to work up to 20 hours a week during classes and full time during scheduled breaks in the academic calendar.

Summer internships: As our summer internships take place during breaks in the academic calendar, your study permit will usually cover this experience.

Winter internships: Although our winter internships take place during the academic year, we require students to work more than 20 hours a week and often require students to suspend their studies. In such circumstances it is unlikely that your study permit allows for this employment opportunity..

Co-op placements: International students completing a co-op degree program, where the co-op work placement forms an integral and essential part of their studies, require a co-op work permit that specifically allows for these placements. However, the work cannot form more than 50% of the total program of study.

Students are responsible for ensuring that they meet the criteria of their study permit and that they have a valid social insurance number. At offer stage, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you are eligible to work in Canada as our offers are contingent on this status.

The opportunity
of a lifetime

Apply now