Our client is a newly formed, Life Reinsurance group, headquartered in Bermuda and with operations in Dublin.
The Group Chief Actuary is a critical role for the ongoing management of capital and ALM of the Group, assuming responsibility for developing and maintaining the actuarial reporting function across the group of companies. The role will report directly to the CEO.
- Overall accountability for actuarial reporting, bases, valuation models and corresponding processes in the Group.
- Develop appropriate reporting bases and actuarial models to deliver all regulatory, IFRS and Embedded Value (”EV”) reporting on a solo and group consolidated basis that are in line with best practice, subject to appropriate review and / or audit and to deadlines as agreed with the Group Chief Financial Officer.
- Build processes to deliver robust monitoring of capital and solvency positions on an ongoing basis.
- Working closely with the GCIO, develop a robust ALM framework that effectively manages investment risks within the risk appetites and tolerances of the Group. Co-develop reporting processes that monitor the ongoing effectiveness of the ALM implementation.
- Review reinsurance transactions and acquisitions as a member of the executive team from a capital, solvency and actuarial perspective to ensure transactions meet hurdle requirements and that capital implications are known and planned for.
- Fulfil the role of GCA and member of the leadership team committed to working collaboratively, openly and to a high standard.
- Carry out duties with integrity and diligence, ensuring that professional standards are maintained, that reporting deadlines are met, that records are maintained and that actuarial processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications. Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics
- FIA qualification
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the life reinsurance industry
- Significant experience of annuity business
- Asset liability management experience strong preferred
- Significant actuarial experience in life industry reporting and pricing, ideally with exposure to Solvency II and the EBS in Bermuda, as well as pricing of portfolio transactions
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Expert actuarial technical and presentation skills.
Please forward a detailed resume and covering letter to: Alistair McNeish, PwC Human Capital Consulting Ltd., email@example.com