A new biopharmaceutical company founded by a group of established institutional investors is seeking to hire a Chief Operating Officer for its Bermuda office.
The company has certain flexibility as to the professional background from which candidates may come. As a result, we would be pleased to actively consider suitably qualifies, highly motivated candidates with transferable, synergistic experience gained in, for example: the Life/Health insurance sector, pharmaceutical industry, manufacturing; or process development.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will provide leadership, clinical development, manufacturing/process development and operational expertise to the company. Specifically, the COO will oversee the company’s contract service providers and clinical development and manufacturing activities for the company’s product candidates. The COO will be the key interface between the company’s Bermuda operations and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the company’s clinical trial and regulatory strategies for its product candidates
- Oversee and manage internal personnel, contract service providers and clinical trial investigators to ensure compliance with good clinical practice
- Coordinate with and manage contract research organizations and contract manufacturing organizations in support of clinical development programs
- Manage overall office operations, including adherence to budgets established in concert with the Board of Directors
- Oversee clinical studies and provide timely updates to the Board of Directors
- Assist with the development and prosecution of intellectual property portfolio
- Manage the preparation of regulatory documents, including investigational new drug applications and new drug applications
Requirements (Knowledge & Skills)
- Bachelor of Science degree in a scientific or healthcare discipline
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of overall professional experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, with at least 5 years in a management position
- Excellent organizational management skills, with the ability to lead senior-level professionals
- Experience with clinical trial management, drug manufacturing and process development
- In-depth knowledge of FDA regulatory requirements
- Ability to solve problems and work independently >li>Excellent written and oral communication skills
Interested persons should apply by sending a resume in confidence to: Alistair McNeish, PwC Human Capital Consulting Ltd., email@example.com