GECS2014: Country Supplements: Bulgaria
View this page in:
- 25% of surveyed organisations in Bulgaria have experienced economic crime in the last two years.
- One in four who reported fraud suffered losses of more than USD 100K.
- Cybercrime and procurement fraud emerged among the top six types of economic crimes in Bulgaria, accounting for 17% and 15% of all reported cases of fraud, respectively.
- Though companies have more confidence in their management systems, 20% of fraud is still detected by chance.
- The role of fraud risk assessment is underestimated – 35% of the surveyed organisations have not performed any such assessment.
- 55% of the reported economic crimes were carried out by external fraudsters, suggesting that Bulgarian organisations do not pay sufficient attention to the selection process of their business partners.
View Local report here: here
View Global report here: here