Systems and Process Assurance (SPA)
In today's business world, companies must be able to trust the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the corporate information they use for financial reporting and management decision-making.
This means that they must pay particularly close attention to the design, documentation and operation of their internal IT systems and controls. They need assurance that their systems, processes and risk management procedures are operating effectively within a well-controlled environment.
Our Systems and Process Assurance (SPA) practice focuses on helping clients address these issues. Specifically, our SPA professionals provide assurance-type services in respect of controls associated with the financial reporting process, including financial business process and IT management controls.
Serving both audit and non-audit clients, SPA provides:
- Assurance that adequate controls are in place to mitigate key risks facing the business.
- Comfort that key controls have been implemented prior to major systems going live.
- Assurance that key processes are providing reliable reports to enable management to make appropriate decisions.
- Assurance that there is a robust risk management framework to identify risk.
Specific services include:
- Assurance on financial and operation applications/business process controls and segregation of duties in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g. SAP, Navision, Oracle).
- Computer and database security controls assessments.
- IT General Controls (ITGCs) assessments.
- Infrastructure security assessments.
- Due diligence on systems and controls.
- Project Implementation Assurance (PIA) (pre-and-post implementation assessments).
- Data services (e.g. Computer-Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs), data quality reviews).