Here are some of the key incentives and requirements that apply to an International Bank:
- Tax on income on a sliding scale, from a maximum of 2.5% to a minimum of 1%.
- A tax credit in respect of taxes paid outside of Barbados, but only insofar as it reduces the tax payable in Barbados to a minimum of 1%.
- Exemption from withholding taxes on dividends, payments of interest or fees.
- No capital gains tax or estate duty.
- Freedom from exchnage control regulations.
- Provisions for inward and outward re-domiciliation.
- Access to the country's tax treaty network.
For further information, click on the download link.